Priority Of Service To Veterans
FutureWorks gives priority of services to qualified veterans (and other covered individuals) when referring individuals to:
- Job openings
- Department Of Labor funded training programs
- Related services in accordance with the Veterans' Priority Provisions of the "Jobs for Veterans Act"
Any person who identifies himself or herself as a veteran (or spouse or dependent child of a veteran killed in combat, or of a 100% disabled veteran whose disability is service connected, or of a member on active duty who is listed as missing in action, captured in the line of duty, or forcibly detained) shall be considered for priority of services. Qualified veterans will receive priority referral to services over non-veterans as determined by each program's mandatory eligibility criteria.
The local Career Center Veterans’ Representative will obtain necessary documentation to verify eligibility. You do not have to be a FutureWorks member to use our veteran services.
Veteran Focused Services
- Help you organize your job search, access benefits
- Work with you to design your own personal employment plan, a comprehensive and flexible way to help you manage your job search, assist you with writing your resume and help you develop job leads
Resource links for veterans
Disabled Veterans' Outreach Program
- Disabled Veterans' Outreach Program (DVOP) specialists develop job and training opportunities for veterans with service-connected disabilities.
- DVOP specialists provide direct services to veterans to help them to compete in the labor market. They provide outreach and offer assistance to disabled and other veterans by promoting community and employer support for employment and training opportunities, including apprenticeship and on-the-job training.
- DVOP specialists serve as case managers for
veterans enrolled in federally-funded job training programs such as the Department of Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation program, and other veterans with serious disadvantages in the job market. DVOPs are available to those veterans and their employers to help ensure that necessary follow up services are provided to promote job retention.
Contact our Veteran Employment Counselor